The Philadelphia Sketch Club has been called “both a refuge and a source of support for more than eight generations of American artists.” We want you to be a part of that heritage. With a membership at the Philadelphia Sketch Club, you’ll enjoy may benefits, including:
- A listing of your name and a link to your website on the Club’s Current Members page, where you can benefit from our Internet traffic.
- Opportunities to submit and show your work in upwards of 10 exhibitions per year, including a members only exhibition. This is an ideal chance to meet potential patrons.
- Greatly reduced entrance fees; members can now enter their first piece to every show at just $2.00 and every subsequent entry at $10.00.
- Special member fee for our printmaking and life drawing workshops, where artists come together to study these traditional forms of art and use a variety of materials. (We have the easels and tables if you have your supplies handy!)
- A chance to enter up to 200 works in our online members only Sales Gallery, found under member galleries.
- Opportunity to bid on space for a solo exhibition in the Stewart Gallery during our Annual Holiday Party.
- Member dinner meeting with pre-dinner presentations of special interest. These serve as a special time to get together, network, and have fun with other club members.
- Receipt of the Portfolio, the Club’s monthly newsletter, and the opportunity to share news of your shows, projects, and awards with other members for free inside each edition.
- Access the historic Club building (including our pool table, library, garden, and archives) were you can meet new artists, share ideas, foster creativity, and enjoy the unique camaraderie of fellow artists.
- Being a part of America’s oldest club, with the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to support an organization with historical significance that loves art just as much as you.
For $150 a year, become a part of art history! Membership is less than fifty cents a day. The Club accepts credit cards, checks, and cash. When your application is received, a club representative will contact you to assist you in your application. PSC Board approval is required for all applications. However, keep in mind that it’s the PSC’s goal to be inclusive for membership, rather than exclusive.
We welcome all applicants who are supporters of the arts or are active in the visual arts including: illustration, painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography, architecture and new media, including web design, videography and other computer based creative applications.
- Annual Membership: $150
- Annual Membership paid more then 45 days after invoice: $160
- Young Artist Membership: $75
- Family Membership: $150 plus $75 for each additional family member
To apply for membership complete the form below. Remember to click the submit button at the bottom of the form.