NO PROIR SIGN UP NEEDED, please come to scheduled time with art supplies, we provide tables and chairs.
Our current schedule is accurate, cancellations will be posted to the front page of Sketchclub.org
All workshops are held in the Sketch Club’s upstairs gallery and are open to the public and run weekly, excluding holidays and inclement weather. No need to register before attending. Check back on our Home page for cancellation notices.
$10 per session for model workshops
$10 per session for printmaking workshops
$6 for full-time students (student ID required)
- NO PROIR SIGN UP NEEDED
- Our workshops are open to individuals at any skill level.
- You must bring your own supplies.
- Easels, tables and seating are provided.
- Only odorless turpenoid or similar solvent permitted, and you must take it with you. The PSC does not have facilities for disposal of solvents.
- A small number of electrical outlets are available for digital device users.
Workshop Attendee Responsibilities
- During this period of returning to normal, we must remember to observe that some may choose be wearing masks and to respect a 6 foot distance.
- Fees will be collected after the second pose. $10 for non-members, $9 for members, $6 for full time students.
- When setting up, please give space for others behind or in front of you. Make sure those in back can see the model.
- Please observe the easel arrangement in the storage closet and replace your easel in the same manner.
- Please make every effort to wipe down your easel when leaving and make sure around your easel is clear of charcoal or pastel dust.
- Please put back your easel if leaving early. Use the 10-minute rest to clean up.
- Please to not use turpentine for oils.
- Please do all aerosol spraying outdoors, front or back yard.
- If there is a change in the models pose, please inform the monitor instead of the model.
- There will be two snacks available each week. The person who brought them will take these home, only coffee and tea will remain in the cabinet.
- Please try to come in early to find an optimal spot to work in, and also not to cause as much disturbance during workshop time.
- Anyone who needs a locker or has fees for a locker should talk to Chuck Tarr, usually here on Tuesdays, or contact the office at 215-545-9298.
- Attendees under 18 require permission slip from legal guardian.
- Thank you for your efforts to make workshops as efficient and rewarding as possible!
Tuesdays – Extended pose: 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Wednesdays- 6:30 PM-9:30 PM
Monitor: Andrew Gomsi
Saturdays – Extended pose: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Monitor: Tiger Jaser
Thursdays – Extended pose: 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Monitor: Robert Bohne
To be Announced
Our thanks are extended to the monitors of these sessions who give up their personal time to plan and attend each session. This is a large commitment and we greatly appreciate it.
You do NOT have to be a member of the Philadelphia Sketch Club to participate in the workshops.
Our workshops are open to anyone who is interested in drawing, painting or printmaking.
All skill levels are welcome. There is no better way to sharpen your skills than to draw or paint from the model. Come to our workshops with materials of your own choosing and get your creative juices flowing! All workshops meet in our historic facility.
The spacious studio space has been freshly renovated. Newly installed gallery lighting–with ultraviolet filters to protect paintings–is ideal for working artists. The space is also lit by natural light.
Please note: Those who use oil paints should bring their own container to remove used turpentine. We ask that you use odorless thinner.
The annual Workshop Show is an opportunity open for all workshop attendees to exhibit their work. Come to draw, paint or make prints, and be a part of this great tradition.